Just a few reasons I prefer Mediation to litigation and why I think you will prefer it too:
Litigation can be a stressful and expensive process. However, being “run-over” by someone who is not respecting your rights can also be frustrating.
Sometimes a “gentle confrontation” in an atmosphere where a trained Mediator takes steps to bring both sides to an appreciation of the other side’s position can be effective in bringing about resolution.
Here are just a few reasons I prefer Mediation and why I think you will prefer it better also if you have a situation like I just described:
- Generally settles case quickly,
- Often better that trial results,
- Saves money on attorneys.
- Helps you see position of the other side in new Perspective,
- Avoids complications of legal procedures,
- May even help re-build relationships,
- Cuts “the chase”,
- Offers calculated settlement terms, and
- Can bring RESOLUTION and PEACE OF MIND
Some of the problems with litigation that Mediation can often avoid:
- Threat of loss,
- Lengthy and drawn-out procedures,
- Possibility of embarrassment or disappointment, and
- Uncertainties of failed expectations
I have had many, many Mediations as representative of Litigants. As an attorney, I encourage my clients to go to Mediation even before filing a suit when possible.